ADD SPICES TO YOUR ESSAY BY PUTTING IN SOME IDIOMS:
1. To face the music (To take the punishment or scolding)
2. To live from hand to mouth (To live in hardship)
3. To sit on the fence (To take no sides in a debate or a quarrel)
4. To be in the same boat (To be in the same circumstances)
5. In hot water (In trouble)
6. Have green fingers (Good at gardening)
7. Burn the midnight oil (Study until late at night)
8. Once in a blue moon (Seldom)
9. At the eleventh hour (At the last minute)
10. Bear in mind (Remember)
DRILL 1: By using all of the 10 list of idioms above, try to come out with a short paragraph of a story. Be as creative as possible.
Zayyid and Ziyyad were twin brothers. They came from poor family. Since their father had passed away, so they had to live with their step father. Their step father
had odd jobs and all of them lived from hand to mouth for a livelihood. Zayidi was their best friend and also was in same the boat. For Zaidi, since his father worked as a lorry driver, he saw his father once in a blue moon only. Therefore, he joined both twins to search job for their petty cash during evening time. Zaiyidi, Zayyid and Ziyyad had geen fingers, hence, all of them spent their spare time after school doing some part time of gardening around the nearby mansion area.. However, his step mother was a fierce lady, if he was late to return home, he must be in a hot water. All of them were aware that knowledge was important, so they sometimes had to burn the midnight oil due to studying at the eleventh hour. They always bear in mind, that every difficulty would be an ease.
DRILL 2: Repeat the same for another 10 idioms, etc. until you get familiarize yourself with the idioms.
IMPLEMENTATION: Right away , use of not more than 4 idioms and not more than 4 phrasal verbs in your single essay.
Feel free to enquire me: firstname.lastname@example.org